Overhead garage doors make a statement about your home or business. Imagine pulling up to your home or commercial property and knowing that your overhead garage door is the envy of your area. So what are trendy homeowners and business owners choosing for their overhead designs this year? Take a closer look at these top six overhead door designs and decide which may be the best choice for you!
1. Go bold – Why not go all out and install a new overhead garage door that really turns heads? One of the latest design trends is to have a garage door that stands out from the rest of the house. Doors with custom designs, intricate hardware or playful geometric shapes are very popular this year.
2. Choose color – Not to be outdone by colorful front doors, overhead garage doors are now available in a variety of fun colors. Some homeowners prefer to match the color of the front door with the garage door, but others like to mix it up a little. Whether you decide on a traditional color like brown or a bright color like red, garage doors are a perfect place to show off your style.
3. Wood wins – For a classic look, you can choose a garage door with wood grain paint in a wide range of natural tones. The best part is the actual overhead door is still constructed of sturdy steel while the façade provides a real wood appearance. Check out some actual examples on different wood styles here.
4. The bigger the better – Many properties are remodeling now to accommodate large vehicles, boats or campers in the garage. With garage doors getting bigger and wider now, customized overhead doors are a great way to upgrade your office or home’s look at the same time.
5. Technology triumphs – In today’s world, you don’t have to fiddle around for old clickers or remember a key code. Nowadays, most garages will open and close by utilizing the internet on your cell phone. On top of that, new garage doors are equipped with soundless belt drives, battery backup systems, monitors and special side mount capabilities.
6. Green sustainability – Contemporary offices and homes are continuing to look for ways to be aesthetically pleasing without impacting the environment. Many overhead garage doors are constructed with sustainable products while still providing fashionable finishes. You may be surprised to discover that many environmentally-friendly doors are now available at affordable prices.
Whether you’re trying to upgrade your home’s curb appeal, remodel your office’s garage or plan for an extreme overhead door makeover, contact Overhead Door Company of Portland for some helpful pointers. With so many options and designer choices, sometimes an objective opinion can make a big difference in your final decision.